- Check : The slides one by one : by manual opening and by engaging the lock
- Check : That the furthermost point of extension for both slides is equal: the extension of a slide can hamper the locking of another one
- Reset the ball cages as shown in the video below:
- Our standard stock slides can withstand temperatures up to 80°C
- When mounting in hot enclosed spaces or furnaces, the maximum temperature we recommend is 250°C. For these applications we have to adapt the slides , by removing the non-metalalic components and by building the slide with a very free fit. This will allow the expansion of the various parts without seizing up the slides. Please specify this detail when placing your order.
Rules for a good mounting are simple :
- Use all the fixing holes provide.
- Make sure that the slides are are mounted parallel and level to each other.
- Make sure that the interfacing mounting areas are flat.
The Chambrelan range is composed of 2, 3 and 4 beam slides with any extension up to 150% of the closed length. The extension can be increased or decreased by adapting the length of the ball Cages.
Anti-corrosion Surface treatments
- General presentation of surface treatments on ball slides
- Standard treatments on CHAMBRELAN guideways
- Processing options according to materials or use
- Summary synoptic table
1 - General presentation of surface treatments on linear ball slides:Anti-corrosion treatment highly contributes to the quality and service life of linear guides. Industrial applications where humidity, dust and corrosive agents may be present, create difficult conditions for the telescopic slides. It is therefore important to choose the right surface treatment according to the end application in order to guarantee the reliability of the linear guidance systems. All our surface treatments are selected to comply with environmental regulations: for example, the zinc plating used is in compliance with RoHS and REACH directives. To guarantee the reliability and functionality of the steel telescopic slides, the elements are tested with "Salt Spray" (S.S.). Their resistance is expressed in hours before red rust on less than 5% of the surface. A standard defines the resistance and serves as a reference for comparative evaluation between different types of anti-corrosion treatments. Samples of slides are therefore placed in a test chamber and sprayed throughout the test with a sodium chloride solution (5%) at PH 6.5 and a temperature of 35°C. An evaluation of the surface condition is carried out at regular intervals to measure the quality of the protection.
2 - Standard surface treatments on CHAMBRELAN guidesCHAMBRELAN telescopic slides, whether partial extension, full extension or super-extension, are used in a wide range of applications, such as access doors, pull-out drawers, gap fillers, etc. All standard CHAMBRELAN slides are supplied with an anti-corrosion treatment suitable for the majority of applications:
- The steel slides are protected by a white zinc coating. The process consists of an electrolytic treatment with passivation. It forms a protective layer on the entire surface of the part. With an average thickness of 10 microns, it resists salt spray for 400 hours.
- The aluminium slides are in colourless anodisation, which is given to resist to 250 hours before white rust.
- Stainless steel slides are pickled and passivated.
- to increase corrosion resistance,
- for aesthetic reasons (black colour treatments),
- to increase the hardness of the profiles and thus resist vibrations or intense duty cycles by carbonitriding (addition of carbon on the surface) .
3 - Surface treatment options depending on the material used:
For steel guides we can offer:
- a black zinc plating with a S.S. resitance of 200 hours;
- a high corrosion resistance zinc plating with a finish that offers a 600-hour resistance to S.S.
- a nickel zinc plating with a resistance of 1000 hours S.S.
- In the particular case of vibrations or a high number of cycles, we can also treat our profiles with a carbo-nitriding process which increases the surface hardness up to 35 HRC, the standard steel profiles having a hardness of about 20 HRC. With its oiled impregnation, it will resist between 150 and 250 h S.S. Note : This hardness treatment can be combined with an anti-corrosion treatment, such as zinc nickel to optimize its resistance.
For aluminium slides, the possible options are :
- A black anodic oxidation
- A hard anodic oxidation with a hardness of about 48 HRC
For stainless steel slides :
- For stainless steel, we can carry out an electrolytic polishing which improves the surface state and the aspect of the profiles.
4 - To remember:Simplified synoptic table of surface treatments according to the materials or use:
Stainless steel (304L or 316L)
|ZNJ : White Zinc 450 h S.S.
|OAI : Colourless Anodic Oxidation 250 h S.S.
|Scouring & passivation
|ZNN : Black Zinc 250 h S.S.
|OAN : Black Anodic Oxidation
|ZNA : High strength zinc 600 h S.S.
|ZNK : Nickel Zinc 1000 h S.S.
|NIT : Carbo-Nitriding hardness of 35 HRC
|OAD : Hard anodic oxidation hardness of 48 HRC
Our standard stock slides can withstand temperatures up to 80°C. Beyond these temperatures, adaptations can be made. Contact us.
For extreme conditions of use, or heavy loads, we offer you a range of reinforced slides. They can absorb twisting effects. Reinforced slides are specially recommended when there is a torque load or when there is a need for mounting on a minor axis.
Standard load capacities are given for a pair of slides, in the opened position, mounted on the major axis, with a uniformly distributed load. Be careful: with a mounting on the minor axis, load capacity is reduced by 40%.
The maximum speed is 0.3m per second.
- Chambrelan slides come without a protection device or system to gaurd against dust, particles…
- There is a risk that the presence of impurities in the tracks may rapidly cause jamming or seizing and premature wear of slides.
- Consequently, it is important that the slides are installed in a protected area or to find the necessary protection solutions at the time of the system design.
Bearing slides maintenance:CHAMBRELAN bearing slides have been designed to operate with minimum maintenance. They are lubricated in house with a high pressure bearing grease, which guarantees them an optimum life span. However, in the event of severe operating conditions (environment, high operating rates, etc.), the slides should be regularly and systematically maintained. They are delivered pre-greased from the factory:
- for steel slides, with a lithium high pressure grease,
- for aluminium or stainless steel slides with a food grade white grease, clean room compatible.
Recommendation:The maintenance intervals depend on the use and the environment; During our qualification tests at 15000 cycles, we lubricate the slides every 5000 cycles. However, an abrasive environment or high rates will require more regular maintenance. In the case of particular use at temperatures below -20°C or above 140°C, we can adapt the choice of grease to suit these conditions. The same applies to food environments or clean rooms.
Operating mode:Without disassembling the slide, clean the raceways with a cloth; it is possible to use a degreasing solvent. Then abundantly regrease the raceways with a brush or grease spray. Finally, carry out a few opening and closing cycles so that the ball bearings are greased. We can eventually supply the grease we use.
Overview table of greases used:
|MALUB GV2 (-50°C à +130°C)
|MALUB (-20°C à +140°C)
|JELT high temp (-20°C à +1200°C)
|JELT food & clean room compatible (-20°C à +140°C)
|Stainless steel slides
|JELT high temp (-20°C à +1200°C)
The maximum length of linear rails is 3 metres. To increase this length, rails can be mounted next to each either with a straight cut or an oblique cut.
It corresponds to the length of the rail, from which you subtract the runner length and 2x the position of one end stop.
Drillings in linear rails are only done at a customer's request. Fixing of linear rails is possible thanks to standard or specific drillings. The pitch or number of drillings can be adapted to your conditions of use.
We advise you to choose long runners for heavier loads and short runners for lighter loads.
Linear rails are delivered with transport end stops to prevent the runner from leaving the rail. Be careful: a temporary end stop can't be used as a permanent end stop.
Two runners per linear rail are enough to withstand the load. In case of a lack of rigidity of the structure, you can add some runners to the rail.
When you order, please indicate :
- The linear rail reference and the length you need.
- The runner reference and how many runners you need.
- Check : The slides individually by manually opening and closing
- Check : The eveness of the interfacing mounting faces for the fixed and mobile beams.
- Check : The parallelism of the slides on fixed and mobile beams
- Reset the ball cages as shown in the video below: