Tests to prove our slides!
To meet the requirements of our customers and partners in the railway industry, our heavy-duty slides are tested on our test bench directly from our production plant in Normandy.
A precise test specification allowed us to determine :
- the Chambrelan product adapted to the client’s specifications
- the number of opening/closing cycles to validate the test
- the control points to be carried out
- the frequency of checks
Endurance test of our R112 slide
As part of our partnership with SNCF, a test was requested on our R112 slide which will be used on all doors of modernised regional trains:
- Product tested: R112 telescopic slide with total extension L1450mm
- Context: Opening and closing of a 110 kg sliding door
- Number of cycles: 400,000 openings and closings (corresponds to 15 years of use)
- Checks: Every 25,000 cycles
- Duration of the test: 2 months, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Results: Validation of the bearings’ performance and resistance to deformation over time.
✅ The SNCF technical team approved the slide test and the slides will be replaced on the passenger doors of these trains. Here we go again for another 15 years!
See more videos on our Youtube channel.
Find out which heavy-duty drawer slides and rails are suitable for rail transport.
Would you like more technical information about our products? Be advised on the choice of product to use in your application? Have a technical opinion on the feasibility of your project?